YAY...the day finally came to find out if we are going to have another boy or a girl. I have to say that I am very proud of David and myself for waiting as it was tempting to break open the envelope many times but we didn't. The envelope remained sealed until earlier this afternoon when we celebrated the big reveal with family... The cake was made just as planned with no hints on the outside of what we were to find on the layer of icing in the middle. Was it blue or pink?? hmmm...
(blue plate for boy and pink plate for girl...just in case you didn't catch on)
And the Johnston/Cook Family's prediction...missing 2 brothers and their families, 2 husbands, and one baby girl...
And the rest of the Dodd Family...
And now for the moment we were all waiting for. It was SO exciting I must say...
YAY...the icing is...

And the Johnston/Cook Family's prediction...missing 2 brothers and their families, 2 husbands, and one baby girl...BLUE...It's a BOY!!!!! Logan is SO excited to have a brother to play "boy" things with! Addie is pretty happy too but I think her happiness came more from the fact that we could actually eat the cake instead of looking at it...
And in case you couldn't tell the icing was really blue...just take a look at the icing left on this cute girl's face. It's blue alright...
We had a perfect day to celebrate at the park!! It was beautiful weather and the kids had a great time playing after the cutting and eating of the cake...
So, I am so happy to finally know what we are having! I did not have a preference of boy or girl but I was a little worried about how Logan would take it if we were having a girl. He wanted a brother so badly and I am happy he got one. Addie is still young enough that she does not really understand what is really happening. Honestly, Addie is baby crazy. Any time she sees a baby, she wants to go right up to it and love on it. So, I think she is going to be happy to have a baby in the house, even if it is a boy!!
In case you are wondering, we did break the seal and double check to make sure the bakery got it correct from our ultrasound picture. Obviously they did and it was VERY obvious! Logan saw it and said "Wow, that's a thumb!!" and when the grown Dodd boys saw it, they said "Wow, that's the Dodd curse!!" Boys are so much fun and we are having another one...YAY!!!!!!!


3 comments:
YEAH!!!
Congratulations, guys!!
That was the CUTEST post ever, what a fun way to find out!!
When are you due?
Congratulations!
Congratulations!! How exciting! Another boy!
Post a Comment