We went for the BIG 20 week ultrasound this past Monday. It went great and the baby looks healthy and happy inside. That is always a very big relief! Yes, we are going to find out what the baby is but no, we don't know yet. We had the ultrasound tech seal it away in an envelope so we can do a big family reveal. Logan is so excited and I want to be sure to include the kids on this one. So, we decided to have a cake help us with the big reveal. The sealed envelope has been broken only one time, I PROMISE!, and that was by the bakery. We are having a cake made that will say "It's a..." on the top and in the middle it will have either pink or blue icing to reveal what Baby Dodd #3 is, or "Small Fry" as Logan called it last night. We got this great idea from an old friend of mine from college whose blog I check every now and then. I have to say it has been a hard week knowing that the envelope is within my reach. David wants to know very badly too. We have been good and know it will be SO much fun to find out with the family. So, we are having the big reveal party tomorrow at the park with all of the family. Come back very soon to find out!!!! By the way, I am convinced it is a boy. I had my class graph what they thought it was and boy won by 17. Only 3 believe it is a girl too! So, we will see!
In the meantime, here are some good pictures from the ultrasound. In this first one, you can see that "small fry" is resting his/her feet on my belly and pushing on my belly. It's ok and cute for right now but I can only imagine that as the weeks go by, this might cause a little bit of discomfort. I just love this second picture. It looks like "small fry" is sucking his/her thumb. Ok, I don't really like the name "small fry" but it's hard to refer to the baby as "it". It just doesn't sound right so I guess "small fry" is better for now. Enjoy the pictures and come back soon...
What Is Duck Cloth?
2 weeks ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment