Saturday, September 6, 2008

First FULL day in Kindergarten

Sorry this post is SO late but I figure it is better late than never!

We all managed to survive Logan's first day of Kindergarten. It was an emotional one but it was SO nice seeing him in the halls and in the lunch room. The morning was a little frantic. David wanted to drive him and take him to McDonald's for breakfast. He did all of these thoughtful things but I almost had to write him a late excuse on his first day of Kindergarten! I was just a little frantic by the time they got to school but they made it at the VERY LAST MINUTE!! So, here are some pictures I took and I think you can tell that I was a little shaky by the way some of the pictures turned out.

We spent the day on Sunday making homemade cookies for his teacher.
I caught someone sneaking some of Mrs. G's cookies...
And here he is, all ready to walk into his class...

Here he is with his GREAT teacher Mrs. Gilliland. This happens to be at the end of the day. You see, in my state of panic over my Kindergartener being late for his first day, I totally forgot to take his picture with his teacher and we also forgot to give Mrs. G the cookies Logan was so proud of. Funny story...Mrs. G told me at snack time Logan said, "Oh No! We made you cookies and I forgot them. Will you be here tomorrow?" I thought that was cute! So, when the day was over, we could not leave the building without seeing Mrs. G one more time and presenting her the cookies.
So, he is now officially a Kindergartener and I am so proud! Yes, I was sad when I left him in the morning. When I saw him walking in the hallway, I was so happy that he was there with me. I'd much rather him be there than anywhere else!!

0 comments: