Saturday, May 31, 2008

Over the River & Through the Woods...

to Grammy and Papa Skip's We Go (or went for Memorial Day Weekend). It was the perfect way to start our summer break. My sister and her family along with Janella & Butch (long time family friends) were there as well. We had so much fun going out on the boat. We "beached" it and let the kids play in the river...they loved it!!!! David and I rode a wave runner. I was little hesitant at first but it was a lot of fun. I just kept reminding David that we had 2 children we needed to make it back to the boat to in one piece...and we did! Logan wanted to ride it so bad but he couldn't quite get up the courage. He did sit on it so maybe by the end of the summer he will ride. Saturday night there was a Bar-b-que and on Sunday night there was a fish fry. Let's see...we also had a lot of fun swimming when David D. and David S. were fishing. I think you can see we had a great weekend, as always, visiting with Grammy and Papa Skip. We can't wait to go back!!!

Playing at the pool...
Addie getting ready for her first boat ride of the summer...
Baby Claire's first boat ride ever. She wasn't too thrilled about the life jacket at first but it didn't take her long to love it all! We were all brought back to the memories of Logan in his "infant" life jacket days. He couldn't stand it and would cry and cry and cry. Papa Skip would always take us somewhere across the river and get Logan ice cream and he would very happily say..."I did it!!" and dry up his tears. Then, he would usually fall asleep in his life jacket so we could enjoy the boat ride. How time flies...
Logan throwing a football. He wears his life jacket proud now!!
Little Miss Addie having some fun in the river. She is very brave. We had to watch to make sure she didn't just walk right out and float away. She had a BLAST! Loved every minute of it!
I told you he sat on it and here is proof...
This is on Saturday night at the bar-b-que. I had to post this because Addie is suddenly starting to say "Go Away Mommy" and this was one of those "sweet" moments. I was just trying to keep her from running over other people...how dare me!!