With the school year coming to an end (WOO HOO!!), we have been doing some fun things in class to review and prepare for the summer. One of those fun things has been poetry. Have you ever heard of a Cinquain? It's one of the easiest poems to write and it is all about describing a person, a place, or a thing. Well, of course I give an example for my class and of course, I use my sweet kids as the example. And, since I haven't posted in a while (sorry about that), I thought this would be an easy way to catch up. So, here you have it...2 cinquains...1 for each of my sweet children...
(She is kissing the flower, not smelling. This is her big thing these days. In Addie's words, I want kisses, kisses...and repeats this until she has her kisses!)
GIRL
CHEERFUL, SNUGGLY
SMILING, JUMPING, KISSING
MELTS OUR HEARTS IN AN INSTANT
ADDIE
Ok, I hope you enjoyed my attempt at poetry. Now for a couple more pictures. (It's always so hard to decide and you can see these were all taken at the same time...I'm a little picture crazy, for sure!!) David just hung this swing from one of our trees in our front yard. The kids are loving it but I'm afraid we might need one more. They want to be on it at the same time and they just aren't crazy about the "sharing" thing just yet. I am assuming they will be one day...right??








