I visited my old profile and noticed some details have changed over the past year of my blogging hiatus. In case you care...
- We are no longer just a family of 6. We still have the 2 adults and the 3 kids. We added a dog, Sadie's new best friend. Her name is Holly. (She is pictured above with Logan.) She found us one rainy morning and when I heard she was just staying with a foster family and up for adoption, I knew we just had to have her. Life was crazy...life is crazier now. Oh well! The kids are happy and Sadie is wildly happy. Long story short: we are a family of 7. (We do have 2 fish and a turtle but that would be weird if I counted them in the family count. We also had 2 hamsters but they didn't make it to 2013. That is another story for another post.)
- David is still a firefighter but he is now a paramedic also.
- J-Rae does not teach 2nd grade anymore (I do miss it a lot, especially my LES peeps!). Now, I am working for our church as the Director of Children's Ministries. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new job! I work part time, from home a lot but also go into the office when needed, and I get to keep Sam home with me. Honestly, I am a better person in all ways because of this opportunity God blessed our family with. I was praying for a change for a while. God heard my prayer and had a plan. I could not be happier! Maybe I could be if I could just bring all my LES peeps to church to work with me. Now that would be fun!
- The kids are still the lights of our lives...without a doubt! Logan and Addie changed schools this year, due to the fact I was no longer teaching at LES. They LOVE their new school. I do too! It is a nice country school with great teachers, kids, and families. Of course, they miss their LES peeps too! We just need to have a big LES play day!
- I have A LOT of GRAY HAIRS! It is just crazy...and they are just popping up everywhere.
- I am blogging again! I like it!
Well, I think that covers the big changes. Things change all the time. God is good in ALL things...change is good.


0 comments:
Post a Comment