My big sis, Gina, just adopted her son from Ethiopia and it has been an amazing experience. They just got home last Sunday with him! We were able to squeeze a shower in for her just before they left to go get him. It was GREAT. All except the weather decided to turn to SNOW and ICE while we were showering her. It was all worth it but oh what a story I have to tell you!
Smiling with my sisters at the shower...Not smiling now as this is what it was on the way home...
I was so happy when I saw this next picture. I knew my mom, Skip, and kiddos were inside patiently waiting for me to get home. It only took me 3 1/2 hours to make it home when it normally takes 20 minutes. Oh my...I was just thankful. And David made it home 15 minutes after me as he snuck passed the tow truck as another one came to tow them out of the ditch. Yes, I should have waited with him a few more minutes and saved myself the walk in the freezing cold snow and ice. Oh well, we all made it safe and that is what matters!
Plus...we got a SNOW DAY. I believe I would walk in the snow and ice again for a snow day!



Visit Payne Family Blessings to see pictures of my new nephew and his homecoming! I haven't been able to meet him yet as I was at the Nutcracker with the Dodd girls. All of my boys were at the airport and I am a little jealous. I am so anxious to meet the little guy! However, he is running a fever they can't get to go away. I am praying that goes away very soon! And, I am waiting patiently to see him. I will post pictures of my own when we get to see him.


0 comments:
Post a Comment