This post is better late than never but I absolutely could not let this memory slip the blog! Our school's Spring Fundraiser is a 5K run and Carnival, The Bear Bolt. Well, they thought they could raise a lot of money to have some brave teachers take pies in the face or karaoke during the carnival. There was no way I was going to SING so I thought a pie in the face was the better or dare I say "easier" option. I think I will think again next time!!!!!


Logan did use 2 of his tickets to throw a pie at me (how dare he!!!) but he missed. Well, the PTO ladies felt a little sorry for him so they gave him his very own pie and let him WALK UP AND HIT ME WITH IT! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! Yes, it hurt but I laughed so hard I cried whip cream tears(yes, it was spoiled by this point) and almost wet my pants. It was so funny and a fun memory we won't soon forget. I guess that is one of the benefits of being a teacher's kid! Notice that you cannot see my face in this picture. It literally is being flattened by this pie...OUCH!


This was a picture before the fun (pie in the face). The race was fun. Logan ran/walked the 3 miles with his friend and I pulled the little ones on the mile trail. (Yes, Sam is looking kind of shabby. I am right on that!!)

Addie was star struck when she saw these high school cheerleaders.

It was fun and lots of money was raised for the school so it was worth it! We have a great PTO that supports us and I get almost anything I need for my classroom. I also have a son that benefits as well. It was the least I could do, at least for this year...even if I did smell like SPOILED MILK for a few days after SEVERAL showers!
1 comments:
hey J-Rae, thanks for your sweet message! My mom has sent me your blog several times...so every now and than i know what is going on with the Dodd Squad! I sent your message on to mom. They are all having a great time in LA...well,except mom watched dagan last night and got 3 hours of sleep! thanks again!
Post a Comment