Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sam's Birthday Celebration

We celebrated Sam's 1st birthday today with family! We celebrated Dr. Seuss style. We had a big time but poor Sam was not feeling that great. Oh well...at least we got some cute pictures!

He is 1! He just looks so big!

Here we are, ready for the party...




Here is the cake! It was 5 layers and we still have lots left over. Again, don't laugh at it. It was so much fun to make! I really do enjoy making them. It's stress free with a happy ending!
I made Sam his own smash cake (that he was not very into) because I just knew he was going to dive right in. (I realize the picture is sideways. It is not saved this way but blogger is not uploading it any other way. Oh well...just tilt your head to the right.)
Sam really enjoyed the presents until he fell out of the chair and bumped his head. OUCH!


Now it's time to sing and dive right into the cakes...
Can you find Sam in this picture? You can tell how sleepy he is at this point...poor guy!
Happy Birthday to you...
Taste test...
Not so sure...
He finally gave up on trying to like it! I have no idea how this is possible. Could he possibly not like cake?
He definitely liked the ice cream. I think next year we will look into an ice cream cake for the birthday boy!
We had a great weekend! Stay tuned to see why I smelled like spoiled milk last night. It's a funny, funny story!!!

0 comments: