Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1 Month Old

Yesterday marked Sam's 1 month birthday. It has been a very sweet month with our sweet Sam. I know how quickly times goes by. The days and nights can seem so long sometimes but I think back to Logan and Addie and it is amazing how quickly the years pass. So, we are enjoying ALL of it, even the long days and nights. (Should I dare to say that Sam slept through the night last night?!?! YIPEE!!!!)

Here are some things I don't want to forget about Sam's 1st month:
~Logan and Addie love him very much. Logan continues to want to kiss, hug, and hold him at all times. He told me the other day that "he (Sam) is so cute he just wants to eat him up". Addie is a little momma to him. She lets me know when he is crying (as if I don't hear him), she brings me diapers, blankets, pacifiers, etc. even if they are not needed, and she continues to say "I love Baby Sam" all the time. There have been at least 3 times where people have asked her what her baby brother's name is and she always tells them Cooper. I don't get it because she calls him Baby Sam! Oh well, it makes me laugh.
~The other night we were all in Addie's bed and I was reading them a story. David was holding Sam so that he was kind of sitting up and could see what was going on. He started looking at Logan and just smiled and smiled. It's hard to tell if he is smiling because of gas or if it is a real smile. We are convinced it was a real smile because he kept looking around and smiling. Logan and Addie got so tickled. They started laughing and they couldn't stop. It was a very sweet moment! I am especially loving how Logan and Addie respond to him...it is precious and I don't want to forget these sweet days!

I will stop rambling on about our sweet Sam! We have so enjoyed this past month and are just so thankful...

3 comments:

DianneM said...

Adorable J-rae. I love your header picture too!

And in regards to your comment-I do love the parties and will never forget our safari!

Mandy said...

Precious, precious!!
You are so right, it goes by so fast...it was just the other day I was home enjoying that first month with Evan...I don't know why, but time just seems to go faster with 3kids!

Love that you shared (and love the Cooper story, haha)!

Kelly said...

He's a cutie, and I think he is a perfect mixture of Addie and Logan.