Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Surprise Birthday Weekend

To celebrate Addie's upcoming 5th birthday, Addie and I (yes...just the girls!) went on a roadtrip. We left all of the boys at home, thanks to some help from Nana and Pop, and hit the road. Addie had no clue where we were going. At first she thought it was Grammy's and then she thought we were going to visit Logan's first grade teacher and my sweet friend, Ms. Knapple. It was so funny to hear her theories! She started to recognize some landmarks on the interstate from our summer beach trip and that was her next guess! She was no where close to being right...

We went to Atlanta to stay with my best friend, Jamie, and her husband Peter. (Logan was in their wedding if you remember back a few years ago. Remember the dancing video? It was hilarious! Click HERE if you want to see those fun pictures and Logan's dancing video.) Addie was so excited to pull into their driveway. She asked me if we were still on the same planet(hahaha). But, the surprise wasn't over yet! I put her to bed and told her there was an even bigger surprise for Saturday! You might be wondering "why Atlanta?"...just keep on reading...

On Saturday, she got all dressed up and we headed to the mall...
And we found the coolest store that put the BIGGEST SMILE on my girl's face...THE AMERICAN GIRL STORE!!!!!! She walked around and around and around and we looked and looked and looked until she found the doll she wanted for her birthday!

She picked MOLLY as her very first American Girl doll! YAY!
And then we got to have lunch in the American Girl Cafe with Molly...just the girls! I don't think she stopped smiling once...
And then she got a sundae with a candle on top with the waiters singing the Happy Birthday song to her! Look at her face!

When we left the mall, Addie said the sweetest thing..."Thank you for taking me to the mall and getting me everything I ever wanted! That doesn't always happen!" I thought it was sweet that she was thanking me and I was very proud of her for knowing it doesn't always happen, because it just doesn't and I am happy for that! I just love my little girl!!!!
The fun just continued on Saturday night. The Bourgs took us out for a yummy dinner at the cutest little place called The Frickle Pickle. Did you know that Jamie and I have been friends since we were 9 years old and now we are celebrating my girl's 5th birthday together? How fun is that!!!
The night ended with more celebrating with Gigi's cupcakes and the Happy Birthday song again!
This little girl is one loved little girl!
Especially by her momma!!!!!!!
The birthday celebrating has officially started! What a special way to start the celebration...just mommy and Addie doing the girly thing together in Atlanta! I don't think that has ever happened as we normally have at least one boy with us. Thank you to the Bourgs for being such sweet hosts and spoiling my little birthday girl! Only 2 more days to go until the official big day! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Gina, Philip, Robby and Caitlin Payne said...

Love love love! :) Glad yall had a GREAT time! American Girl phase is a magical time! Enjoy cause it doesnt last forever (Caitlins lasted till 6ht grade so its worth the money!) Happy Birthday Addie! Love you!

Mindy said...

How Fun! Happy Birthday Addie!

Tonya Lee said...

You're a great mommy! We're headed that way in July for ear piercing- aaahhhhh! Addie looks so big!