a Lipscomb Elementary Bear that is. He had his first half day of Kindergarten last week and it was called "Bear Camp". He was so excited about it. He wasn't nervous at all. As a matter of fact, he assured me that he wouldn't be worrying about me so there was no need to worry about him!
Here are a few pictures of him on his first day. (Note: He looks like he might have gone on a bear hunt prior to going to Bear Camp. However, he really didn't have a run in with a bear but he did have a little accident on his scooter. He always seems to get into something when there is reason to take pictures. Oh well, I think he had a lot to talk about with his new friends.) He looks so big in this last picture. His teacher walked him to my class when his day was over. I felt like I was going to cry when I walked out of his classroom in the morning but I was able to hold back. There was a sea of children heading towards my classroom so this helped out. However, it was when he opened my classroom door and I saw a big Kindergartener that my heart felt so sad and I couldn't hold back the tears. He just looks so BIG yet he is still a baby at the same time. He was so proud and talked non-stop to me and my class about his adventures at "Bear Camp". He got a little Lipscomb Bear with the balloon. He named it "Beary" and he has slept with it every night since then. This little boy is the light of my life. I'm sad to see him go but I'm so proud of the great Kindergartener he is going to be! Tomorrow is the BIG day as he will be there the whole day. Come back soon to hear about it...
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Logan is a BEAR...
Posted by The Dodd Squad at 5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
We're praying for both of you tomorrow, through my own tears that is!
Post a Comment