Sunday, February 17, 2008

Almost a 1st Haircut

For the past year (at least), I have been saying I was going to have Addie's "first" haircut. She was born with a head full and it has been growing in full swing ever since. I don't know why I have been so hesistant to have it cut but I have. I guess I'm just afraid that she will look more grown up and I'm just not ready for that. And, I remember when Logan had his "first" haircut how sad I felt because he looked like a little boy rather than a baby boy. However, I could not put the haircut off anymore because we had one too many people tell us a what a pretty little girl we had. Oh but his curls were so cute!! Anyways, it has been more difficult with Addie. I finally made the appointment for Wednesday with the girl who cuts my hair. I knew I could trust her because she does a great job!! Addie will be 2 on Friday so I just felt like it had to be done. So, here are the before pictures...



And are you ready for the after...



Does she look any different? Well, if you are thinking no then you are right on. I took her...she sat sweetly in the chair for maybe 2 minutes. Jennifer (the hair stylists) brushed and played with her hair and just kept brushing and looking. I finally had to hold her. After brushing and looking and getting some other opinions from other hair stylists, Jennifer decided that Addie really didn't need a cut just to have a "first cut". Addie wouldn't sit still enough to get a perfect cut and Jennifer and the other stylists said they have clients come to them asking to have their hair cut the very way Addie's has grown out...big sigh of relief from me. I felt much better and was glad to know her hair wasn't looking rough or like it was lacking from not having a "first" cut. I was also very happy to leave, look at Addie in the back seat, and still see my sweet baby girl with all the hair she has had since she was born. She will be 2 on Friday and I'm kind of sad but at least I still have another big "first" to look forward to. I am thinking we will probably have a "summer" cut now but we will see...