When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. Luke 24:23
We enjoyed our Easter, just the 5 of us. It was nice. I have to say, I was just happy to survive it! Easter is a BIG WORK DAY...or really WEEKEND for me! I am not complaining though because it is such a privilege to teach kids just how much God loves them. I am honored!
Saturday was our church egg hunt and I don't have a picture to share at the moment. (boo!) I guess that is just part of what happens when you are the coordinator of the big event. I did hunt with my kids and I can tell you they had fun, got lots of candy, and have already eaten all of their candy from the hunt. Seriously, candy does not last long in our house. The Easter bunny was smart and brought them minimal candy but filled their eggs with money. The kids LOVED that!
Take a look at the picture of Sam on Easter morning. David was in charge of dressing the kids and driving them to church. Everything was laid out for them, from socks, to hair accessories, to shoes. He was instructed to get ONE picture and I would be a happy momma. Well, he did get one picture. (really 2 as they would not all 3 cooperate at the same time) He got the pictures after church. Apparently, Sam had a meltdown because he could not wear the Spider Man flip flops the Easter Bunny brought him. (see picture above) I am so glad Daddy did not give in to that one. Honestly, I am just so glad they all made it to church. I was even able to sit with them for part of the service and that was a super treat!
We (the sleepy momma) decided a movie at the "movie ater" (Sam's word for movie theater) would require the least amount of energy on her part. So, off we went to see the Croods, which was super cute. Addie and I both cried, not that it was sad but they were happy tears. It was a sweet afternoon that was topped off by a yummy crock pot meal. Yes, not your typical Easter ham and big meal but that was just the best I could do. All in all, we had a great Easter...WE SURVIVED!







0 comments:
Post a Comment